Loading...

Forest Side: He Burns Himself While Cleaning The Windows Of His Kitchen

The consequences could have been dramatic for the inhabitant of Forest Side. Deepak was cleaning his kitchen windows on Sunday, when his clothing caught fire. He was met at the Burns Unit of Victoria Hospital in Candos. He is slowly recovering from his
Burns to the face, arms and upper body.

The face and upper body of Deepak are covered with bandages while he relates with sorrow his misadventure. He started everything with good intention on that day. “Il pleut souvent chez nous. Dimanche, comme il faisait beau, j’en ai profité pour faire un peu de nettoyage. J’ai commencé par la cuisine. J’ai pris un torchon et sorti une bouteille d’alcool pour nettoyer des vitres,” he says. “Il y avait une lampe allumée non loin de la fenêtre et soudain, le torchon a pris feu. J’ai paniqué et j’ai renversé la bouteille d’alcool… ”

Deepak clothes were soaked with alcohol. “J’ai crié. Je me suis adossé contre un meuble pour essayé d’éteindre le feu. Tout s’est passé si vite… Mon épouse est venue à mon secours,” he recounts.

His wife informed their relatives. Deepak was rushed to the hospital in Candos. Given the severity of his burns, he was admitted. Deepak gave his version of events to the hospital police. However, the file will be given to the police for investigation in Curepipe.

Comments

comments